Before moving on to other home remedies, you should make sure you're practicing good oral care.
If you are not taking proper care of your teeth and gums, home remedies won't be able to clear up the gum disease. Avoid Gingivitis
1. Reduce sugar.
2. Floss daily.
3. Use a natural mouthwash.
4. Refrain from smoking or chewing tobacco.
5. Visit your dental professional at least once a year.
6. Change your toothbrush every 12 weeks.
7. Make sure your toothbrush has soft bristles.
8. Opt for an electric toothbrush to maximize your cleaning potential.
Brush your teeth at least twice a day. If you can, brush after each meal.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial to avoiding gum disease and other dental conditions.
After assessing your dental hygiene, you can try using a traditional salt water rinse. Salt Water Remedy For Gingivitis
The results of a 2015 research showed that using a salt water rinse can be very useful for healing gums inflamed by gum disease. Salt is a natural disinfectant that helps your body to heal itself. Salt Water May Also:
1. Soothe Inflamed Gums
2. Help Ease Pain
3. Eliminate Bacteria
4. Remove Particles Of Food
5. Relieve Bad Breath
6. To Use A Salt Water Rinse:
7. Add 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of salt to a glass of warm water and mix well.
8. Swish the solution in your mouth for around 30 seconds.
9. Spit out the solution.
10. Repeat two to three times per day.
Using a salt water rinse excessively or for too long could have adverse effects on tooth enamel. Long-term use may cause your teeth to erode because of the mixture's acidic properties. Mouthwash Options To Treat Gingivitis
If the salt water rinse isn't relieving your symptoms, it may be time to try a more advanced mouthwash. Vitamin C
Although, there isn't any proof that intake of Vitamin C helps in reducing the symptoms of this disease, yet its intake could help in stopping the bleeding gums as well as in stopping the gums receding. Always take your Vitamin C dissolved in water. This makes it easier for Vitamin C to reach to each corner of the mouth. Hydrogen Peroxide
Rinsing with a solution of hydrogen peroxide may help treat sore, red, or swollen gums. To use hydrogen peroxide as a natural remedy for receding gums:
1. Mix 1/4 cup of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide with 1/4 cup of water.
2. Swish the mixture around your mouth for around 30 seconds.
3. Spit the rinse out - don't swallow it.
4. Try this two to three times every week. Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme oil is effective in stopping the growth of disease-causing microorganisms in the mouth according to a 2015 post in the European Journal of Dentistry. Conclusion
Receding gums are relatively common. Genetics and aging can cause gum loss even if you practice good oral hygiene habits.
Talk with your dentist about using natural home remedies and traditional treatment to help prevent or slow down the process.